For those of you who know me well, you know that I always have a "theme song" or a song that kind of represents my current stage in life. Over the years, these theme songs have spanned from South Pacific's "Cockeyed Optimist" to the Beetle's classic "Blackbird." From Rascal Flatt's "Here" to Missy Higgins' "Sound of White" and "Steer." I've probably had close to 100 of these selected theme songs , but there has been one sort of overarching theme song that I feel expresses how I view life and living pretty dang well that I figured I would share...plus it fits in wonderfully with my blogs theme!
"Anyway"
by Martina McBride
You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yea - I do it anyway
You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea, sing it anyway
Yeah, yeah!
I sing
I dream
I love anyway
"Anyway"
by Martina McBride
You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
In a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway
God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
Yea - I do it anyway
You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea, sing it anyway
Yeah, yeah!
I sing
I dream
I love anyway
Ah!! How fun to stumble on to your blog. It's like I've spent some time with you... What a beautiful woman you've become!
ReplyDeletelove you! This is the beginning of the best year of your life!!
Sis B
I loved seeing you this Christmas Sammi! It's too bad we live across the counrty or I would be able to talk and see you more. I always love hearing about what's going on, who you are dating, or who you like. Enjoy these years, you'll look back at them fondly!:)
ReplyDelete