
For this week’s blog entry, the members of my MCOM class and I were assigned to find someone more stressed than ourselves, do something nice for them, and record our experience.
This past Tuesday, I was in the lobby of my complex working on a couple of assignments that I had to finish for the next day, when my friend Neil (provider of the durian) waltzed in; laptop and papers in hand. We started to talk about the assignments that we had procrastinated until the very end of the semester and how it was going to be difficult to complete them in the next 24 hours. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: I wanted ice cream.
I asked Neil to watch my things, hopped in my 2005 Dodge Neon, and putted off to a nearby McDonalds—they have pretty good hot fudge sundaes for a dollar a piece. Of course I wasn’t going to return to the lobby with ice cream and not share, so I got one for me and one for Neil. He was pleased! So yeah, nothing huge. In fact, I didn’t even do it with the assignment in mind. I just did it and then realized the next day that it would count.
Also, I am happy to report that I completed all of the assignments and now just have four finals left! WAHOOOOO! Viva AZ!
I seriously think that ice cream saved my life that day. Thanks, Sam!
ReplyDelete