Skip to main content

thoughts from the heart...

In my short life I’ve blessed to have
Safe walls in which to rest my head;
But walls don’t become home to me
Unless Thy home they too can be.

For houses small or large I care
Not whither for, unless in there
I find that rest that gives me life
More lasting than what sleep provides.

And shall peaceful rest not intercede
I’m Stranger, Lord, to thee and me.
I need thy grace to fill my soul
To make me, “me,” to make me whole--

So Lord, I beg thee, stay inside.
Do not from me thy Spirit hide.
Give me strength to be enough,
To find myself within Thy love.

Bless my walls and with me dwell
That in Thy Spirit, mine may swell
And grow in light; just this I pray.
Lord, make my house a home each day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving

My ultimate love, my ultimate passion, my ultimate joy is rooted in the one thing that gives direction, life, and purpose to all other things. This thing is the end to every means I ever put into motion. This thing is my family: earthly and heavenly--immediate and distant--past, present, and future. "Thankful" does not begin to capture the humble, sacred gratitude I feel for all in my family and for the relationships that I have (and will have) with them.

and when you are hungry in your wilderness, your God will provide you manna...

Below is a link to a talk by Jeffery R. Holland that is a personal favorite of mine. I would encourage you to give it a read as I believe that it really applies to a lot of us (although it is directed towards LDS Young Single Adults)...and because it's just really that good! Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence Also, I would like to let all of you know that I know that all of the doctrines and principles taught in this talk are indeed true:our God loves us and He keeps the promises that He makes to us. I know that as we continually strive to show our faith in the Lord by being obedient to the commands that He gives us through the voice of His prophets and through His Holy Spirit, we can qualify for blessings which He desires to bestow upon us. We can reach our promised land with His help. Sometimes we all feel lost and abandoned at certain points along the road, but I know from personal experience that this is never really the case. His hand will ever guide us, so long as we ...

"We made, we made cookies by scratching."

So one of the best things about being home for a month is being able to cook to my heart’s content! In my normal, solitary life, there are a few factors that limit my culinary pursuits: 1. Having the time to cook 2. Having the money to buy ingredients 3. Having people to eat the food Lucky for me, in AZ all of these issues are laid to rest. I am free to make whatever I want. This week I ventured a vanilla cream meringue pie and chicken fried steak. They turned out decently well, but I have some ideas to make them better...and some ideas of other things I want to try. Anyway, I don’t really know why I’m posting about this on my blog, but oh well! Also, if anyone can quote the source of the quote in the title, they get an automatic five points!