For my weekly blogging assignment I decided to write a song. I've only posted the lyrics so you won't get the whole affect of the song (I must admit that I'm pretty pleased with the guitar part), but that's okay! Just ask me sometime and I'll probably play it for you...Anyway, here it is:
The rain outside—it mirrors what my eyes wish they could do.
Its soft, its long, its honest, and its wet
But living with this hole inside for weeks and months and years will do
Enough in me, though I cannot forget
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
Some days inside—it’s a battle to keep hope enough to be
The woman that I want to be for you
But when I think of you and all you are and what we’ll be
I light up, put my chin up, and pull through
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
A time will come when trying to ignore this void I feel
will be at end cause there you’ll stand, truly, completely real.
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
I’ll think of you, my love, when I smile.
The rain outside—it mirrors what my eyes wish they could do.
Its soft, its long, its honest, and its wet
But living with this hole inside for weeks and months and years will do
Enough in me, though I cannot forget
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
Some days inside—it’s a battle to keep hope enough to be
The woman that I want to be for you
But when I think of you and all you are and what we’ll be
I light up, put my chin up, and pull through
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
A time will come when trying to ignore this void I feel
will be at end cause there you’ll stand, truly, completely real.
Chorus:
I’m yours-even though you’re far away
I feel your love and prayers across the miles.
I’m sure—that all this waiting will all make sense
when I find home in your arms.
But until then, try to do more than pretend,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
and mean it in and out,
when I smile.
I’ll think of you, my love, when I smile.
So I played this song for a few people and they all thought that it was written about a missionary--definitely not the case....just FYI!
ReplyDeleteis this the one you played at our house?
ReplyDelete