"No one is sure why love happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." ~9-year-old
My heart was between three diversities:
Its first piece was with the one who loved me most
Kind, selfless, full of light, genuine and safe
My heart has never wanted to forget
The one who “saw me” and sought to make me his
And I wanted to be his, but never was.
Its second piece was with the one who I loved most
Good, gentle, captivating, stubborn, and insightful
My heart has often wanted to forget
The one my “heart could understand” and that I lived to love
I was his, and for a while he wanted to be mine, but never was.
Its third piece was with the one who saved me
Disciplined, deep, guarded, unchartered, and sincere
My heart has been grateful for his granting me breath
The one who never really knew me, but allowed me to feel what I had lost
He gave me more than he could know, but we never really were.
And now I reclaim all three pieces for the one who will love me most, who I will love most, and who will ultimately save me.
So that I can offer him a heart whole and complete
That has been taught and strengthened from its journeying.
The one where our understandings will meet and visions will expand
As I am his and he is mine, just as it should and always will be.
So beautiful! Love is no easy road, and I often thought there would ALWAYS be a part of my heart missing, from my first love, and that my husband would just have to accept that. I´ve chosen, though, to give my whole heart to James and allow my past experience to leave its lessons there. That´s brought me lots of happiness. I´m so happy you have gotten to where you are... The best one will come and possibly when you least expect.
ReplyDeleteComment that I commented before but I guess it didn't show up:
ReplyDeleteIs part of this poem about Jaren?
Leanne......... I know you, but you don't know who I am and I want you to know this poem is definitely NOT about Jaren....... and I know this because I have accurately guessed and verified whom this poem is about.... and now I want you to guess who I am!!!!
ReplyDeletePS- This comment better be listed as from "anonymous" or I'm going to be very much embarassed!!!
Hahahah I know this poem isn't about Jaren...it was a joke. :D
ReplyDelete