taking a hot bath, wearing high heels, giving my little cousin a piggy back ride, playing in the mud, reading a book that REALLY makes you think, having curly hair, waking up and not having to get out of bed right away, climbing a mountain, making someone laugh, having a late night chat with dad, running errands with mom, being teased by my brother, playing the violin when no one else is around, driving with the windows down, singing while washing dishes, watching a Disney movie, enjoying an Arizona sunset, having a shoulder for someone to cry on, 10-hour workdays, 0-hour workdays, learning to do something new, wearing my favorite dress, working for a good cause, having opportunities to use my talents, eating fresh peaches, going swimming in a lake, getting to know someone new, catching up with an old friend, doing something that’s a little scary, telling someone how you feel about them, laughing until you almost pee your pants, not being afraid to let yourself feel deeply, looking at the stars, getting into a hot car in the summer, sharing inside jokes, Sunday mornings, cooking something that really turns out well, eating homemade bread at the Tilby’s, clean laundry, Belgian Chocolate ice cream, the smell of freshly cut grass, eating good Mexican food, painting a picture, Gilmore Girls, sitting on the front porch at my grandparents house, making a differece in someone's life, knowing who I am, not knowing where I’ll be in a year, kind of knowing what I’m made of, and being excited to discover many, MANY more things that are worthy of making this list!
My ultimate love, my ultimate passion, my ultimate joy is rooted in the one thing that gives direction, life, and purpose to all other things. This thing is the end to every means I ever put into motion. This thing is my family: earthly and heavenly--immediate and distant--past, present, and future. "Thankful" does not begin to capture the humble, sacred gratitude I feel for all in my family and for the relationships that I have (and will have) with them.
Comments
Post a Comment