
Below is a link to a talk by Jeffery R. Holland that is a personal favorite of mine. I would encourage you to give it a read as I believe that it really applies to a lot of us (although it is directed towards LDS Young Single Adults)...and because it's just really that good!
Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence
Also, I would like to let all of you know that I know that all of the doctrines and principles taught in this talk are indeed true:our God loves us and He keeps the promises that He makes to us. I know that as we continually strive to show our faith in the Lord by being obedient to the commands that He gives us through the voice of His prophets and through His Holy Spirit, we can qualify for blessings which He desires to bestow upon us. We can reach our promised land with His help. Sometimes we all feel lost and abandoned at certain points along the road, but I know from personal experience that this is never really the case. His hand will ever guide us, so long as we seek for His guidance. If we choose to heed this guidance, our Heavenly Father's plan can lead us through heartache, fear, anxiety, loneliness, weariness, and ungodliness until we are refined and ready to arrive at all that He has promised. I know that.
I hope that you enjoy this talk-scale of one to ten, it's absolutely glorious. Also, if you have any thoughts about the talk, please feel free to leave them as a "comment" or send them to me directly. I would love to learn from your insights.
Great talk....Melissa and I were in attendance when he gave this address in the Marriott center.--Dave
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! I always enjoy hearing/reading your thoughts. I wish you well with your lesson tomorrow and know it will be great!
ReplyDelete